NATIONAL ACADEMY OF ART,
The National Academy of Art is the oldest institution for education in arts in Bulgaria, founded in 1896 and the most prestigious higher educational institution for visual arts in our country.
The Academy has two Faculties: Faculty of Fine Arts (FFA) and Faculty of Applied Arts (FAA). The academic research units in the two departments are responsible for the development and implementation of educational curricula for acquiring a higher education degree BA and MA in Fine Art as well as a PhD in Art. In all specialties, apart from the main artistic disciplines that form the professional training of students in the specific course, also included are painting, art history, aesthetics, philosophy, plastic anatomy, perspective, etc. All students have the right to acquire a second specialty "Theory and Practice of Art Education". This allows them to receive professional training for practicing as art teachers in the secondary general educational and specialized art schools. The period for completion of the Bachelor degree in the NAA is four academic years, Master degree has a variety of courses from 1, 1,5 to 2 academic years. The subject "Restoration" offers only a Master programme taking five years of training. The educational and scientific degree Doctor takes three years after completion of "Master" degree. Today the NAA educates nearly 1000 local and foreign students and PhD students.
Academic Areas in Fine Arts
- Painting - B.A., M.A., D.A.
- Mural Painting - B.A., M.A., D.A.
- Sculpture - B.A., M.A., D.A.
- Graphic Art - B.A., M.A., D.A.
- Book and Print Graphics - B.A., M.A., D.A.
- Poster and Visual Communication - B.A., M.A., D.A.
- History of Art - M.A. and D.A.
Academic Areas in Applied Arts
- Woodcarving - B.A., M.A., D.A.
- Ceramics - B.A., M.A., D.A.
- Scenography - B.A., M.A., D.A.
- Textiles - B.A., M.A., D.A.
- Metal - B.A., M.A., D.A.
- Industrial Design - B.A., M.A.
- Design in Advertising - B.A., M.A., D.A.
- Porcelain and Glass - B.A., M.A., D.A.
- Design of Children's Environment - B.A., M.A., D.A.
- Fashion - B.A., M.A., D.A.
- Restoration - M.A. and D.A.
- Digital Arts - M.A. only (2 years)
The National Academy of Art has a rich international activity which includes international projects, visits of guest lecturers, workshops, exchange of exhibitions, etc.
The National Academy of Art has 45 Bilateral Agreements signed with Universities and Academies from UK, Finland, Lithuania, Germany, France, Poland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Czech Republic, Croatia, Romania, Greece and Turkey.
University website - www.nha.bg